MENU

Not that I'm paranoid...

Update: I am not going to update this every day, I promise. My "CDC" visitor seems to have gone away: numerous multiple daily visits of zero seconds, then (after I comment on it) one visit of over 26 minutes, and now--gone. Come back "CDC". Please, leave a comment, introduce yourself. Also, a big shout-0ut to ISP address 72.139.27, unknown ISP, unknown country, unknown continent. Next time, why don't you stay awhile?

Update:

Yesterday I post about this noting 8 CDC visits, all but one of zero seconds, and one of one second. Today, only one CDC visit, of 26 minutes and 46 seconds. Hmmm......

Also this in the news: CIA steps up monitoring blogs

For several months now I have used Sitemeter to keep track of how many people look at this blog. I don't look at the results every day but often enough to notice some regular visitors. One daily visitor is shown as being from a site in Stone Mountain, Georgia and is listed as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Yesterday I had 8 visits from this domain, the first at 5:05 am; the last at 7:19 pm. Seven of these visits were of zero seconds duration. One was of one second duration. Not long enough to read anything.This seems a bit odd to me. The only explanation I can figure out is that this is some sort of software "bot", presumably working for the government, but not necessarily for the CDC. Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More