MENU

What a Game!

I will restrain myself, cause I could go on and on about how good tonight's game was, but I won't. It WAS only one game, the Wings still need to win two more to get to the Cup finals. But, damn it, THEY SHUT OUT THE DUCKS 5-0! AND they did it with the Ducks--namely Pronger--playing a dirty game! I still can't think in a level-headed manner about the cheap bashing that Pronger and Niedermayer did to Holmstrom. Even though he needed help to get off of the ice and got TWO cuts that required stitches, Homer came back and finished the game. He is one tough player and doesn't get nearly enough credit for what he does on the ice. We'll see if there are any suspensions handed out--which I highly doubt. It was nice to see the Wings win on the road--now they STILL have the home ice advantage. And to top it all off, my 'baby boy' got the fifth goal of the game--and he did it beautifully. I AM a happy camper tonight.



--Detroit Red Wings center Valtteri Filppula, of Finland, scores past Anaheim Ducks goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, of Russia, as left wing Shawn Thornton looks on during the third period of their NHL Western Conference finals hockey game in Anaheim, Calif., Tuesday, May 15, 2007. The Red Wings won 5-0. (AP Photo/Chris Carlson)--

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More