MENU

A New Week

Famous people born on this day who
are actually older than me:

Arnold Schwarzenegger
Paul Anka
Peter Bogdanovich
Buddy Guy
Edd "Kookie" Burns


**********

I don't know how many of you remember Tom Snyder. He hosted 'Tomorrow' on NBC--which followed 'The Tonight Show.' He also hosted 'The Late, Late Show' on CBS--which followed 'The Letterman Show.' Sadly, he lost his battle with leukemia and has died at the age of 71.

I always felt that his laid-back style and the (mostly) quiet conversations on his show were a very good way to wrap up the day. Of course, seeing as the show was on so late, I didn't get to see it as often as I would have liked, but I was a fan of his nevertheless. I really feel sad about this. RIP, Tom--enjoy your colortinis for all eternity!



**********

I did laundry yesterday and every time I opened the dryer door, I smelled this god-awful odor! I would have stopped using the dryer, but we were in desperate need of clean clothes, so I kept on. Today K got a chance to pull the dryer vent apart--he was working last night--and found a dead chipmunk in the hose. Oh, yay. Now we need ANOTHER new hose. He just has to figure out a way to keep them out of the vent. I don't understand why we are having so many problems now--after all, we've lived here for almost 30 years and this year is the first time for this.
**********

We are having a heat wave. And I am not happy. The temp has been up to 93 here at our house--NOT the official temp, of course--and is supposed to go higher over the next few days. They are saying that we should break the old record of 91 on Wednesday! Obviously, I won't be leaving the house during the day for a while.

**********


And now for your amusement. At least I THINK you will be amused--I know I was!

About a month ago, our local paper started publishing the police log. Nothing very interesting, just a lot of parking violations and lock-out assistance. Of course, you had the public intoxication and the minor in possession, the marijuana busts and loud noise violations, too. As I said, nothing too interesting and nothing too unusual--that is, until Friday's log. Here are the police calls that I found the most amusing:


2:49 AM: loud bongo noises
(didn't know Matthew McConaughey was in town)


it gets better


3:58 AM: male streaker wearing socks
(why wear socks? And WHY specify the socks in the police log?)


and better, still


are you ready?


you won't believe this


12:47 PM (this is the middle of the DAY, people!): loud noise complaint, singing in the shower
(so, does someone need a life? Or was this a pissed off roommate? And WHY, dear Lord, are you complaining about someone singing in the middle of the day? Was the singing THAT bad?)


Hope YOUR day is going well! :)

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More