MENU

CYBER-PSYCH

In April, 2010 I blogged about a cyber-friend I had made in Steve Parker who is a psych. living in Alaska. Steve had a heart attack a while ago and decided to work through the aftermath by doing a series of drawings and journal entries that he initially made into a blog. His journey is really interesting, being a psych he has a lot of insight about what he is going through psychologically as well as physically. But he is also honest and real about it and isn't offering any convenient answers. He has been gathering information about the ability of dreams to 'predict' or alert us to impending illness and their role in the healing process.

Steve's images were uncannily, but unsurprisingly familiar to the many I have created over a period of many years. Basically because they were archetypal and we had both plundered the unconscious as source material - each in our own way. It was ironic that the closest thing I had found to my own journey was an account by a mature man half a world away in Alaska. I e-mailed him some time ago and we have maintained irregular contact.

Steve has been working towards getting his images and diary entries published in hard copy. He e-mailed me today to say that his book Heart Attack & Soul will be released to the public very soon and he has generously offered to send me a copy. It's a pity he and his wife can't deliver it in person and maybe we could go for a surf together!

I have also been following Steve's other sites which are listed on the side bar of this blog, one about Jung and the other about what dreams reveal to us.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More