MENU

GERM RIDDEN CITY

Well, Robin has kindly shared his germs with me so I also have a cold that he brought back with him from Perth. I have so much to do and am not very impressed which is an understatement. I missed him terribly when he was away and hope I don't next time he goes which will be in a couple of weeks.
Job application is still going, have left my candidacy for a while. Doing lots of paperwork for TAFE which starts up again soon. That will be a relief for my diminishing bank balance. I am looking forward to the interaction with students again. I guess I like teaching but it is still a challenge sometimes.
I have decided that I don't like the gym but I like what it does for me so I think I will sign up for the year. Not much chance of me becoming a gym junkie but I do what I have to. $20 a week is pretty reasonable, I would waste that in fuel driving to remote beaches to do long walks. The poodles will be disappointed but I will just have to take them to the park and occasionally to Mistaken Island which we all love.
I now have my new CD player installed and it sounds great. I have been downloading MP 3's and burning them to disc so I will have a bit of a collection eventually. Have rediscovered Steely Dan. I used to listen to them when I was a teenager and am slightly impressed with how sophisticated my tastes were back then at such an early age - lots of jazz influence, beautiful melodies and harmonies which I still appreciate.
Our band is in a bit of a recess at the moment. Simon goes away to Peaceful Bay a lot and we all generally chill out in the summer holidays, except Brad who I think is back at work.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More