MENU

Medicine at the Crossroads: Creativity, Madness & Medicine




the ouroborus and creative madness

The painting is called 'madness' and is one of many you will find reproduced in a soon to be released book about the state of western medicine, written by Kennan Taylor, a doctor-friend of mine. I have also contributed a brief account of my own journey into 'madness', excerpt below:

You could attribute my emotionally charged and chaotic character to my childhood (don’t we always), or hormones, an artistic nature or my astrology. And yes that was all relevant, but finally as an adult it didn’t really matter how I got there, what became critical was the material I had to work with and what the hell I could do with it. This is the basis of the Ouroboric journey.

Kennan Taylor's writing style is very accessible and the content is insightful. The text has been created out of a real passion for healing the human soul. If you have ever had a sneaking suspicion that you weren't getting the full story about health and how it relates to medicine, you will find this book very revealing.

Because art has helped to heal my soul and because I recognised the truth in Kennan's words and integrity as a healer, I contributed my images to the book. These paintings and drawings all tell a part of my own medicine story.

If you want to know more about Kennan or the book visit: http://www.ganieda.com.au/

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More