MENU

Surfing & Tardis building



Wasn't worth getting in for, but I got a couple of pics. I might have gone if if I hadn't had a splash the day before and been saving up my energy for the last bit of cladding on the house. Can you believe it, 11 people on this beach break and this barely surfable wave was rare. But green water and offshore winds, even glassy, made it nice just to be there.


We finished the cladding on the Tardis yesterday and had celebratory Jo-Jo's pizza and beers with a couple of mates last night. The last 2 sheets were difficult and required a superhuman effort by both of us, myself perched on the roof to slide a 6 metre sheet of Colourbond down so Robin could get some Tek screws in before I dropped it. It was only the thought of having to re-cut it that made me hang on way beyond my limit. I have done all the cutting of the sheets with my $12.00 4 " angle grinder and it has been stressful sometimes as it is easy to make a mistake if you lose concentration.

One of the residents on the hill was walking past the other day and admitted that he found the multiplicity of colours 'challenging' at first but had come to appreciate it.

Last official day of the holidays today and off to the beach, hopefully less crowded and better shape, but will probably have a celebratory get-wet session on the boogie board anyway. We fulfilled our projected goal of having the cladding done by the end of these school holidays. Just a bit of flashing and trim etc and then onto the inside. Can't wait. I am sooooo excited about having my own studio where I live.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More