MENU

Ne-Yo To Guest-Star As Hit Man On 'CSI: NY'

Singer's episode is set to include his new tunes and air in February 2011.
By James Dinh


Ne-Yo
Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/ WireImage

Earlier this year, Ne-Yo showed off his acting chops in his music videos for "Beautiful Monster" and "Champagne Life," from his recently released album Libra Scale. But soon the R&B crooner will take his skills to prime-time television when he guest-stars as a fashion-forward hit man on an episode of "CSI: NY," according to People magazine.

"Ne-Yo will be playing a professional hit man who doesn't fit the usual image of a hired killer," a rep for the hit CBS show told People. "This guy carries himself with elegant style but a violent efficiency."   The episode, which is set to air in February 2011, will also feature music from Libra Scale. "CSI: NY" has previously lined up celebrity guest spots including Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Minnillo, LaLa Vasquez and members of rock band Train.   While the 31-year-old star has displayed his talents as a songwriter, producer and dancer, Ne-Yo isn't a complete stranger to acting gigs. Back in 2006, he appeared in "Save the Last Dance 2," and the following year he had a starring role in another dance flick, "Stomp the Yard."

Not only is he diving deeper into the world of acting, but the singer recently told MTV Style that he's working hat and fragrance lines. "I've been talking to some people about doing a hat line, in that the hat is what I'm most known for," he said. "It's odd that the hat is more popular than the music? And possibly a fragrance, but I don't know what I smell like, so I don't know if I want people to smell like me. I mean, I know I don't stink. But everything is in conversation right now."

Related Artists

Tamala Jones Emilie de Ravin Brittany Daniel Olivia Munn Maria Bello

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More