MENU

year of the ox and conference update

In November I will be presenting a paper at the Creative margins conference at Curtin. Much of it is already written but there is a lot of editing and work yet to be done. With a new house yet to be finished, a huge move likely during the September school holidays, 2 units of my Workplace Training for TAFE to complete and now a paper to write - all while still doing my 0.5 at TAFE (and the load of paperwork that goes with it) is it any wonder that I wake in the small hours emitting silent screams.....and then have to calm myself down enough to get back to sleep. Well it is the Year of the Ox and I knew it was going to be head down and bum up all year - just plod, plod along.


Having spoken to a friend who has not long completed her own doctorate, I feel a little more detached about the conference. It is possible that my talk will only be attended by 3 of my best supporters (2 of which might be my supervisors) and a few people who find themselves trapped in the auditorium having read the timetable incorrectly and accidently stayed on to support one of their own mates. Oh well - I still want to get it as right as I can, which means being able to answer questions like: what do you mean by psyche? I don't know, doesn't everyone know what that means? Maybe not if you go by the overwhelming number of interpretations. (It is quite probable that no-one will ask me that question but I still need to be prepared).


Anyway, I have updated the link CREATIVE MARGINS CONFERENCE on this blog so you can look at some of the abstracts if you are interested. Because I am not assuming prior knowledge, I want the paper to be accessible to any intelligent person, so will be posting portions of it here as a way to get some feedback.


This is a small extract:


My study assigns and examines a specific context for the imagination and its role in the human psyche. The theoretical framework is found in archetypal or Imaginal Psychology where the imaginal is perceived as a non-ordinary state of consciousness. Instead of dismissing them as fantasy, Imaginal Psychology proposes that images created by the imagination not only have meaning but an ability to effect change on a deeply psychic level. Furthermore it is my contention that the image and the activity of imagining enables us to enter an imaginal realm of archetypes.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More