MENU

3 Things That Baffled Me Last Week


I’m going to start doing a weekly thing every Monday/Tuesday where I focus on 3 things that blew my mind from the previous week. We’ll see how long I actually keep up with it, but here is the first installment.

1. Ben Roethlisberger Gets Off Again – How many girls does he have to rape before he gets locked up? Four? Five? The Georgia District Attorney officially announced today that no criminal charges would be brought against Roethlisberger. So he’s now 2 for 2 in avoiding sexual abuse charges. It’s crazy that he continuously gets away with this disgusting behavior with no repercussions. Hopefully, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will suspend Roethlisberger, despite the lack of a conviction. I wonder how much money Big Ben had to throw at this problem to make it go away. He definitely had to pay off the girl, and probably the club owner and some investigators as well. He must be down millions and millions of dollars trying to keep people quiet about his “incidents.” Who says money can’t solve problems?

2. Billy Payne, (Augusta National Golf Club chairman) – Before the Masters began, Payne dropped this bomb on Tiger Woods: "It is not simply the degree of his conduct that is so egregious here; it is the fact that he disappointed all of us, and more importantly, our kids and our grand kids. Our hero did not live up to the expectations of the role model we saw for our children.” Sure, Tiger Woods deserves criticism. A lot of criticism. But is Billy Payne really the right person to be doing it? After all, this is the chairman of Augusta National, which doesn’t allow female members, calling out Tiger for disrespecting women. Pretty hypocritical, no? (I swear I had the idea for this post days ago, but Bill Simmons wrote something similar today, so I’m mentioning his name so I don’t get accused of ripping him off).

3. Tim Povtak (NBA FanHouse writer) on LeBron James – I was browsing around today, and came across an article by Tim Povtak entitled LeBron James Owes Fans a Refund. Throughout the article, he criticizes LeBron for sitting out a few games because the Cavaliers already have the best record in the NBA locked up. Povtak says he owes it to the fans to be out there every night if physically able. He goes on to say that LeBron has lost his vote for MVP because of it. Now, I don’t know who Tim Povtak is, or if he really does have an MVP vote, but it’s pretty clear that he’s an absolute clown. As I’ve said multiple times on F2DD, I am a LeBron hater, but this is just ridiculous. As much as I dislike LeBron, he is the clear cut MVP (with respect to Kevin Durant and Dwight Howard), and just because he chose to sit out a few games to rest up for the playoffs shouldn’t change that. I’m pretty sure every Cavs fan out there is all for LeBron sitting out, if he thinks it is going to give them a better chance of winning a championship. No one in Cleveland is complaining about LeBron missing a few meaningless games, I can assure you that.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More