MENU

I Love the Internet: Goal Line Blitz

So we don't normally do this, but I want to recommend this crazy addicting MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) to our readers called Goal Line Blitz. To be clear, we don't actually have any formal connection to these guys, I'm just a person who thinks it's a crazy fun game and thus wants to use the blog space to name drop it.

After you create an account, the site prompts you to pick a position that your created football player will play in the game. Give him a name, pick his starting attributes, and you're off. He (or she I guess) automatically joins a computer team and plays preseason and regular season and playoff games. Well not really play, as the games are simulated and your players just play as well as the stats they have are. But you can watch the simulated games of different colored dots play by play. The real "game" aspect is that there is no perfect way to distribute your "training points" and "flex points," and so you either be okay at the game and make your player very good or you can be awesome at it and make a superstar. My only character (you can have as many players as you have "flex points" to make but I prefer focusing on one guy) is a level 33 punter (I'm SpastikMooss there too), and a pretty damn good one at that. Good enough to recently bring about a three team bidding war for his services resulting in a sweet bonus of 50,000, which I bought some pink cleats with (nice).

Anyways, pretty fun little game if you like online MMORPGs at all. It's the only one I've really ever gotten addicted to other than Urban Dead, and even that got boring after my guy got too powerful. So check it out if you think you should, and maybe I'll see you in the playoffs.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More