MENU

Field Trip Story to Come, Mike Fontenot Really Freaking Weird

First things first. Today Outside the Boxscore took a Field Trip to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Once I get all of the pictures uploaded to my computer there will be a post about our trip. Probably coming a little later today.

Secondly, I was reading some Yahoo Fantasy Info from Brad Evans and found out some very interesting stuff about Mike Fontenot of the Cubs regarding Carlos Zambrano and pre game rituals. Apparently before every game last year Zambrano would pretend to hammer a nail in Fontenot's head. And then somewhere in the season Zambrano began following that up with a piggy back around the dugout for Fontenot. When asked about it, Fontenot said, "I really can't remember where we got it from. It's just driving a nail into the ground, and then we implemented a thing where I jump on his back and he carries me to the promised land." Gotta love the wackiness, and I hope it keeps going this year too, maybe with some bat spinning added in.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More