MENU

Ken Griffey Junior Video Day

I'm having trouble posting videos from YouTube to Blogger for some reason, and so instead of the regular one awesome video with a story, I give you 3 excellent Ken Griffey Junior blasts from the past (and a creepy bonus video tribute to Alvin Davis and Harold Reynolds)!

1. The Way I Swing by Kid Sensation -Griffey is a featured guest lyricist on this track, and spits such game as "Ken Griffey is a swinger not a singer, a def rhyme bringer. A home run hitter but I'm not a dope slinger" and "If I see a fire, I pull a fire alarm, but if I see a girl I like then I pull her by the arm." It's classic really, Seattle at its 1992 best.

2. Griffey on Fresh Prince - Carleton makes a joke about not knowing Griffey, some girl hits on Griffey and gets rejected, and then Griffey takes a shot at Will Smith. Good stuff.

3. Lil' Penny endorses Griffey for President - Weird, but classic. Plus I'd vote for Griffey for president, especially if he had Fred McGriff or Morgan Freeman on his ticket.

Bonus. Harold and Alvin - Doo Wop tribute to greatness. It begins:

"Harold and Alvin, second and first
They were the best when the Ms were the worst
Reynolds on second, Davis on first
Harold and Alvin
."

There's also a "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" breakdown. So weird.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More