MENU

Jets acquire Santonio Holmes; Pats do nothing.


NY POST: The Jets landed former Super Bowl XLIII MVP Santonio Holmes on the cheap last night, acquiring the troubled wideout from the Steelers for the fire-sale price of a fifth-round pick in this month's NFL Draft.

Holmes, who turned 26 in March, is one of the league's most explosive receivers but he also is one of its most controversial and might not be available to the Jets to start the upcoming season.


To read the rest of the article click here

Okay so here's the deal. I hate the Jets. I despise the Jets. I think they are the most pathetic organization in all of football. I hate their owner. I hate their players. I hate their coach. Everything about them, I hate. Needless to say, it's time to hand it to them. Yes, they take risks on players. Yes they sign guys who are controversial, criminals, and loud mouths. The fact of the matter, however, these guys can flat out play. A fifth round pick for Santonio Holmes? Are you kidding me. What the fuck.

The Jets now have an explosive receiving core that includes: Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Jerricho Cotchery, Dustin Keller, and Ladanian Tomlinson to throw passes to next year.

The Patriots? They got Randy Moss, Kevin Faulk, and not much more after that, unless you consider David Patten, Julian Edelmen, or half the season of Wes Welker on one leg as explosive.

Like, seriously. What the fuck are the Patriots doing. You can't honestly tell me that they couldn't top that trade offer, especially when you take into consideration the NEED they have at WR. I used to firmly believe in Bill Belichick. I always trusted him with every move, but right now I just don't know. I don't know what he is thinking. It's time to face the facts Bill, we won 10 games last year. Barely.

We were not the New England Patriots of the earlier part of the decade, but I'll tell you one thing. It's time to get back to that point. So as of right now, F2DD is 50/50 on the Patriots this year. Let's hope they kill the draft or all of New England is in for a very, very, very long season.



Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More