MENU

tsunami

It is true that the sea has always loomed large in my psyche. I regularly dream that I am drowning but have always dismissed the tidal wave I see in my unconscious mind as personal overwhelming emotion. But for the past few years, and perhaps as a result of my research, these psychic events seem to be part of a larger collective tsunami.

Almost every culture on the planet has a 'flood myth', an epic struggle with the sea. It is part of our collective psyches. What I am interested in though is, why now? Why so much collective fear of tsunamis? And why are they becoming real?

It seems that the culture of humanity knows something is amiss, unconsciously we recognise that we are degrading if not destroying the organism on which we live. I am not really a 'psychic', but I do seem to be able to tap into the collective and see trends, nothing too surprising for anyone who is not in denial about the behaviour of human beings.

The apocalyptic dreams of destruction I had as a teenager have been replaced by an imaginary yet ever-present image of an overwhelming, engulfing tidal wave. I am always so ready to attribute everything to my own dysfunctional psyche. I understand the psychological framework for this, it is what my thesis is based on, but as I watch the news about Samoa I am starting to think that what I have been suffering is not just about me.

Matter and spirit do not operate independently. What we think and feel we are, what we do in the material world impacts on our souls. I really believe we are in a time of profound transition - that we have reached 'break point', and that the wave is breaking. After watching it advance slowly all my life, it is now too close to run from.

Image courtesy: aWitness.org - http://keralaarticles.blogspot.com/2007/09/tsunami.html

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More