MENU

the cave by the sea

There is a ‘real-time’ cave by the sea that I have been frequenting for many years. During these visits I venture into the corridors that extend inwards from the main chamber, to the darker recesses away from the light of the entrance. I sit against the vertical granite rock face and listen to the thunder of the sea - this cave is right on the water’s edge. I take photographs in the dark without using the camera flash. When I run them through a digital photographic program I alter the light intensity and this reveals previously hidden shapes and textures. At times I have taken a candle in there and taken photos, exposed them more later on the computer and painted from these images.

It was in this cave that I first came face to face with the archetype that has dominated my life for many years.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More