MENU

rewards vs 'awards'

Today I had a short conversation with one of my 2008 students. Last year we had both been involved in producing images for a book. In fact I had got him the gig and he produced some excellent digital diagrams. I think it was his first paid 'professional' job as a graphic artist. He said that he now had a copy of the book, had been having a good look through it and was very pleased with himself and his work. This was great news for me. But then he added 'and I had a look at your paintings and drawings, they are amazing. I feel so proud to have had you as my lecturer'. I was delighted and thanked him, and almost felt like crying. These are the sometimes too rare moments that make teaching so rewarding.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More